Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be:
- a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) or SET Trainee
- enrolled (or intending to enrol) in a higher degree such as a Masters, PhD or the equivalent.
Value$60,000 stipend plus $6,000 departmental maintenance
ActivityYour research activity needs to be undertaken as part of a higher degree and should relate to the surgical care of patients.
ApplicationYour application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your research proposal including: your project aim and research questions; research objectives; scientific literature references; research design; participants; data analysis; limitations and assumptions.
- a list of your five most important publications, along with an upload of the cover page of each that clearly shows all authors (optional)
- a list of your five most important conference presentations (optional)
- proposed budget
- a brief summary of how your project has relevance to the surgical care of patients
- names and email addresses for two referees (recommenders) – one of whom is your supervisor – who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Selection is assessed via written application with shortlisted applicants invited to interview.
The selection panel is comprised of representatives of the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee.
Recipient obligationsRecipients are required to present their research at the annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Australasia (or an agreed equivalent) at least once during, or in the 12 months following, the scholarship period.
PaymentThis scholarship will be paid to the administering institution upon receipt of a valid tax invoice as requested by the Scholarships and Grants department. Payment will be made in one instalment prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.