Conditions, policy and guidelineThe recipient:
- is required to spend a major part of the occurrence(s) at the agreed venue to complete the CPD activity
- is required to give a guarantee to continue to practice in their local area on completion of the Fellowship
- is encouraged to submit an abstract for presentation at the annual conference of the Provincial Surgeons of Australia or an appropriate forum in New Zealand
- is encouraged to complete a reflective practice activity about the experience, tied into the annual CPD learning plan.
Please refer to the:
- Learning and Development grant policy (PDF 146.03KB)
- Grant guideline (PDF 125.59KB)
Who can apply?
Applications are open to RACS Fellows whose primary practice postcode is in a non-metropolitan area of Australia or New Zealand. Rural, regional and remote is defined by the Monash Modified Model in Australia as MM2 to MM7, or outside the six main urban centres in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your activity proposal including: how your activity will benefit your professional development; and contribute to improving rural surgical standards and knowledge base
- the expected outcomes of your activity
- proposed costs
- name and email addresses for two referees (recommenders) who will then receive an invitation to view parts of your online application and provide a recommendation.
Selection and awarding
Should applicants be equal in merit, preference will be given to those who:
- are current members of the Rural Surgery Section
- have secured structured visits/appointments to established units
- have not secured alternative financial support.
The selection panel is comprised of members of the Rural Surgery Section (RSS) Committee.
- payment is made directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship year (following receipt of a valid invoice)
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date in April. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Follow this link to RACS Unlock