On this page
VMO Otolaryngology (Newcastle)
9 April 2021
Visiting Medical Officer in Otolaryngology
Visiting Medical Officer in Otolaryngology
John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle NSW
John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle, NSW, is seeking an experienced consultant Otolaryngologist to join the current team in a Visiting Medical Officer capacity. The successful candidate will have post fellowship training in paediatrics, complex airway reconstruction and be committed to working effectively in a highly functioning multidisciplinary team.
John Hunter is the largest hospital in the district, with approximately 650 beds (including John Hunter Children’s Hospital) and covers the Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Port Stephens Geographical area. JHH is a Level 6, tertiary referral, major trauma and teaching hospital which services a population of more than 800,000 people.
Newcastle is a great place to live and work. With Australia’s largest regional population it has the benefits of a big city with the ease and friendliness of a country town.
Applications close: 3 May 2021
For more information contact: Dr Niall Jefferson – Director, Otolaryngology, John Hunter Hospital – 0439 173 222
VMO Vascular Surgery (Gosford)
19 March 2021
Visiting Medical Officer in Vascular Surgery
Applications are invited from suitably qualified medical practitioners eligible for registration in New South Wales for the above position within Vascular Surgery, Central Coast Local Health District (CCLHD).
Applicants should be a Fellow of the Royal Australian/Australasian College of Surgeons and / or other specialist recognition as provided for in the Visiting Medical Officer Determination. Current member of the Australian and New Zealand Society for Vascular Surgery (ANZSVS) is preferable.
Salary and conditions are in accordance with the Visiting Medical Officer Determination.
For enquiries about the position please contact Dr Gregory Watters, A/District Director of Medical Services or Dr Bernard Bourke Head of Department of Vascular Surgery, phone (02) 4320 5339 or email CCLHD-MWEUSMW@health.nsw.gov.au
To formally apply for this position you must apply via eCredential ONLY: https://healthnswgov.referrals.selectminds.com/cclhd-int/jobs/visiting-medical-officer-in-vascular-surgery-apply-via-ecredential-98223
If you experience difficulties applying please contact Senior Medical Workforce Unit on 4320 3009.
The Health Service is committed to EEO, OH&S, Ethical Practices and the principles of Cultural Diversity. Successful applicants are expected to abide by the Code of Conduct. Relevant criminal record checks will be undertaken on recommended applicants. Employment is subject to having current immunity status that complies with the Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases. Salary Packaging is available to enhance benefits.
Applications will not be accepted via agencies.
Closing Date: 05 April 2021
Director of Medical Services (Newcastle)
1 February 2021
Director of Medical Services
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Director of Medical Services - Medical Administration
- Join one of Australia’s leading health, community and aged care providers
- Permanent full-time position
- Excellent salary packaging options available
About the role
The Director of Medical Services provides executive management, leadership and support in the provision medical administration and other services. Other responsibilities include Clinical Governance, Clinical Leadership, Clinical Risk Management, Research, Quality and Safety, Psycho-Oncology Services, Allied Health and Strategic Management of medical services for Calvary Mater Newcastle.
What you bring
- Current Registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Medical Practitioner. Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators, and/or specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialists (State) Award and working towards FRACMA and/or other post graduate qualifications pertinent to the function of the position.
- Demonstrated Senior / Executive Management experience in a Health Care Institution including strategic planning, medical administration and governance, medical workforce management and planning, inclusive of issues relating to, medical professional practice.
- Demonstrated senior management experience in clinical governance, clinical leadership, and clinical ethics. Including clinical leadership in the provision of programs and services consistent with the responsibilities of the position.
How to join the team
To join our diverse, compassionate and dedicated team for a rewarding Calvary career, please submit an online application.
Candidates must hold Australian or NZ Citizenship or the capacity to permanently work in Australia. Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.