On this page
Senior Staff Specialist ENT (Cairns)
23 April 2021
Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist Ear, Nose & Throat
Senior Staff Specialist or Staff Specialist Ear Nose and Throat Surgery, ICU, Women's & Perioperative Services – Cairns, Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service
Remuneration value up to $431 774 p.a. (L25 – L27) or Remuneration value up to $393 963 p.a. (L18 – L24), employer contribution to superannuation (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), professional development allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., plus private practice arrangements.
Cairns Hospital is a busy regional tertiary Hospital with a range of subspecialties including vascular, orthopaedics, plastic and reconstructive surgery, urology, and a level 5 adult Intensive Care Unit.
Duties/Abilities: To assist in the provision of high quality services to patients requiring Ear, Nose and Throat services while assisting the Clinical Director of Surgery with the provision, development and maintenance of an effective, efficient and equitable Ear, Nose and Throat service at Cairns Hospital and across the Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service and the Cape and Torres Straight Health Service. This includes outpatients, inpatients, outreach elective and emergency Ear, Nose and Throat surgery.
It is a condition of employment for the employee in this role to be, and remain, vaccinated against or non-susceptible to the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs): Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (chicken pox) Pertussis (whooping cough) Hepatitis B.
Enquiries: Dr Roxanne Wu – 07 4226 6355
Job Ad Reference: CAH370417
Application Details: Job search | Employment and jobs | Queensland Government (smartjobs.qld.gov.au)
Closing Date: 27th May 2021
Registrar or Principal House Officer (Townsville)
16 April 2021
Registrar or Principal House Officer
Registrar or Principal House Officer - Vascular and Endovascular Fellow
Townsville University Hospital
Comprising salary range of $4349.70 to $5043.10 per fortnight (L4-L9) or $4349.70 to $4790.90 per fortnight (L4-L7), recreational leave loading (17.5%), and employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%). Level of appointment is dependent on experience and advanced qualifications.
The Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, Townsville University Hospital, offers incumbents the opportunity of working within a skilled team of Vascular Surgeons to develop management, leadership, teaching and clinical skills.
The unit offers:
- Well established easy access to digital subtraction angiography (Hybrid Suite) where currently approximately 600 procedures per year are performed by the department;
- Open operating lists;
- Regular out-patient sessions
- An established vascular in-patient ward and access to ICU;
- A vascular laboratory with resident sonographers and established duplex imaging;
- Easy access to a radiology department with CT and MRI imaging;
- Out-reach services to Mackay.
Ramesh Velu 07 4433 2067
Wednesday 12 May 2021
Director Cardiothoracic Surgery (Chermside)
30 March 2021
Director - Cardiothoracic Surgery
Metro North Hospital and Health Service is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering the best care by the brightest healthcare professionals.
The Prince Charles Hospital (TPCH) – is a tertiary/quaternary referral hospital, providing state-wide super specialty services, such as heart and lung transplantation.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at TPCH and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service embracing technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- Advising on treatment and technology developments in cardio-thoracic surgery and the implications of these for service development, cost and activity prediction.
- Ensuring efficient and effective provision of clinical services by working collaboratively with other programs and services ensuring that Cardiothoracic Surgical services are planned and delivered in a manner which supports coordination of care across the continuum, and which recognises the interdependency of service provision with other programs and stakeholders.
- Managing the allocated resources of the department to achieve performance indicators and agreed outcomes which are set in the annual business plan for the department.
- Ensuring appropriate clinical governance of the department through regular audits, monitoring of clinical incidents, clinical performance measurement including use of clinical indicators and benchmarking and where appropriate the development of protocols supporting evidence-based care.
- Ensuring that a performance planning and appraisal system is effectively implemented for all medical staff in the service with links to credentialing and scope of clinical practice.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the Role Description on https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-PCH368432
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES, WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Applicants are to apply online
Job Ad Reference: PCH368432
Closing Date: Friday 23 April, 2021
General Medical Assessment Tribunal member (Queensland)
1 March 2021
General Medical Assessment Tribunal member
Join the General Medical Assessment Tribunal
Are you an experienced specialist medical practitioner looking to make a difference to the lives of injured workers?
Apply to join the General Medical Assessment Tribunal - independent panels of medical specialists who make decisions on complex medical questions.
Tribunals are an integral part of the Queensland workers’ compensation scheme, providing an independent medical assessment of injury or impairment for workers’ compensation claims.
What to expect:
- Generous remuneration package.
- Intellectually stimulating work.
- Learn, interact and network with senior practitioners.
- Virtual attendance if required – regional and interstate specialists encouraged to apply.
- Paid training in assessment methodology.
- Modest time commitment for busy clinicians.
For more information and to apply visit https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/service-providers/medical-providers/join-the-general-medical-assessment-tribunal by 30 April 2021 or call (07) 3842 2764.