On this page
Orthopaedic Surgical Fellow (Launceston)
13 October 2020
Orthopaedic Surgical Fellow
Orthopaedic Surgical Fellow – Tasmanian Health Service
Launceston General Hospital, Tasmania
If you’re looking for a rewarding job with an excellent work-life balance in a beautiful part of the country, come to Tassie! The Tasmanian Health Service seeks an Orthopaedic Surgical Fellow to join its team located at the Launceston General Hospital. This position has been established to fulfil a number of targeted activities to improve the delivery of Orthopaedic Surgical Services to patients at the Launceston General Hospital.
Position Type: Fixed Term, full-time, day work (with on-call), working 80 hours per fortnight. Notwithstanding, hours per fortnight may be negotiated with the successful applicant. To commence February 2022 until February 2023.
Duties: This position has been established to fulfil a number of targeted activities to improve the delivery of orthopaedic services to patients at the Launceston General Hospital, THS-Northern Region and to assist in the coordination and training of Surgical Registrars and Resident Medical Officers (RMOs).
- The role will involve a mix of the following objectives:
- The undertaking of approved Orthopaedic Surgical outpatient and inpatient services
- Participation in the afterhours Registrar on-call rosters
- Provision of leadership and mentoring for Surgical Registrars and RMOs in training
- Assisting with quality improvement, audit and service improvement in the Department of Surgery. Also, dependent upon qualifications and interests of the incumbent, there may be the opportunity to be involved with other teaching and research activities
- Within the four broad position objectives described above, the incumbent will be responsible for the day to day management of private and public inpatients and outpatients within the hospital. There may also be a need to periodically participate in the afterhours cover at the hospital as determined by the Director of Surgery.
To view the full Statement of Duties and to apply visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/759/cw/en/job/1051178/orthopaedic-surgical-fellow-521985
Non-Accredited Registrar General Surgery (Launceston)
18 August 2020
Non-Accredited Registrar - General Surgery
Non-Accredited Registrar - General Surgery – Launceston General Hospital, Tasmania
Working with the Department of Surgery provides you with unique opportunities to develop your clinical skills whilst working in a range of settings. With this hands-on role you will have:
- supervised elective and emergency theatre exposure
- surgical experience in a range of subspecialties
- ·varied and stimulating caseloads across a broad range of specialties that will assist in the development of strong practical skills
- increased access to Consultants for on-call, teaching and surgical cases
- support with preparation for formal surgical training applications
- ·opportunities for ongoing research
Position will have a requirement for general surgical night shifts, leave relief in other specialties and on call covering several specialties.
Launceston offers an enviable and affordable lifestyle in one of the most beautiful parts of the world. If you’re seeking to gain career satisfaction while enjoying the relaxed Tasmanian lifestyle then take a closer look.
To view the full Statement of Duties and to apply visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/759/cw/en/job/1049427/registrar-non-accredited-general-surgery-512810