On this page
2021 Surgical Registrars – Unaccredited (Shepparton)
23 July 2021
2021 Surgical Registrars – Unaccredited
2021 Surgical Registrars – Unaccredited
GV Health in Shepparton, Victoria is so much more than a regional health service. We are the largest employer in the region and are currently in the midst of a $229 million redevelopment.
We currently have a fixed term, full time position available for a Surgical Registrar until February 2022. Under the supervision of the Head of Unit, you will be responsible for assessment, planning, ongoing treatment and discharge of General Surgery patients. You will also assist with the daily supervision and education of junior staff.
This position is designed for future Surgical Trainees who are seeking to complete the requirements in order to apply for various RACS SET Streams.
You must have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Medical Officer
- Minimum of PGY3/4 experience and completion of EMST Skills Training
- Great communication skills and professional collegiality
For further information and to apply, please visit our website http://www.gvhealth.org.au/careers/current-vacancies/ (reference #10958)
Applications close: 29 July 2021
Visiting Medical Officer – General Surgeon (Wangaratta)
21 July 2021
Visiting Medical Officer – General Surgeon
Visiting Medical Officer General Surgeon
Fee-for-service, VMO appointment
Co-operative working arrangements, assured hospital income Applications are invited for the position of Visiting Medical Officer – General Surgeon at Northeast Health Wangaratta. This position will provide services for elective and emergency General Surgery and will share on-call cover with the four existing General Surgeons. There is also the opportunity to join a busy private general surgical practice.
Surgical experience in broad based general surgery is preferred. However applicants who have recently attained their FRACS and have a demonstrated interest in regional health care are still encouraged to apply.
NHW is the major regional health service and specialist referral centre for northeast Victoria. It serves a population of approximately 90,000 and has over 19,000 inpatient episodes and 25,000 ED attendances a year. NHW provides a wide range of acute specialist medical and surgical services. An ED, CCU, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics and specialised aged care, medical oncology services, community rehabilitation, and inpatient, community, aged and psycho-geriatric mental health services.
Wangaratta is surrounded by beautiful countryside, the Alps and wineries, with a host of recreational and lifestyle choices on offer. It has excellent schools and is just 45 minutes from Albury or 2.5 hours freeway driving from Melbourne.
You must have Registration with the Medical Board of Australia and Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons and appropriate experience. Specialist trainees approaching the end of their training are also encouraged to apply.
Applying for the role:
- A PD for this role (PDF 469.72KB) can be downloaded from the NHW website https://www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- Completed applications including CV and letter of introduction should be emailed to email@example.com
- Requests for additional information may be sent in confidence to the Executive Director of Medical Services on 03 5722 5320
- Applications close Sunday, 15 August 2021
Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon (Shepparton)
10 June 2021
Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon
TOGETHER, WE CAN CREATE OUTSTANDING!
Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Located in Shepparton, Victoria
- Permanent part time role – 20 hours per fortnight
- Recruitment incentives may be available
About GV Health
At GV Health, we are so much more than a regional health service. As the largest employer in the region, we work with purpose and pride and are committed to respecting and embracing diversity, inclusion and accessibility for our people and community.
It is an exciting time to join our GV Health team! We are currently in the midst of an exciting $229 million transformation of our Graham Street site. To find out more information about GV Health please visit http://www.gvhealth.org.au/
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth of the surgical services team at GV Health. As a Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon you will work as part of a multidisciplinary surgical team and be supported by anaesthetists, general surgeons, obstetricians and gynaecologists.
The position will provide General Adult and Paediatric Orthopaedic Services at a Consultant level.
You must have:
- Current full AHPRA registration
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Appropriate specialist experience, preferably with postgraduate experience in foot and ankle surgery
Our offer to you:
- Generous salary packaging, subsidised staff parking and discounted leisure memberships
- Professional development and study leave
- Flexible work practices
Great things happen here in Shepparton. If you would like to learn more about what it is like to work, live and play in the Shepparton region please click here.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website http://www.gvhealth.org.au/careers/current-vacancies/ (reference #10353) or contact Mr Senthil Rengasamy on (03) 5832 3080.
Applications close: 9 July 2021
Director Positions - Anaesthesia (Melbourne)
1 June 2021
Director Positions Anaesthesia
Director Positions - Anaesthesia
About Monash Health
Monash Health provides a world of healthcare across south eastern Melbourne, uniquely integrating primary, secondary and tertiary health services as well as world-renowned research and teaching facilities. We employee more than 18,000 staff who work across 40 care locations. In Monash Health your own growth and development is important and with us you can really be your best. For more information please visit www.monashhealth.org.
We are pleased to announce the following opportunities:
- Director Anaesthesia – Casey Hospital
- Director Anaesthesia – Dandenong Hospital, including Cranbourne Integrated Care Centre
- Director Anaesthesia – Monash Children’s Hospital, Clayton
- Director Anaesthesia – Monash Medical Centre, Clayton
- Director Anaesthesia – Moorabbin Hospital
- Director Anaesthesia – Perioperative Medicine, Monash Health
All roles will be appointed on a permanent, full time basis and each hospital based role will be allocated a clinical portfolio. In addition, the successful applicants will participate in our on-call roster.
About the Roles
Each role reports to the Service Director Anaesthesia and Perioperative Services and will be responsible for the clinical and operational performance of the Anaesthetic team at the site.
Please apply online through Mercury e-recruit as email applications will not be considered.
For further information, Contact:
Mark Adams, Service Director Anaesthesia, Tel: 9594 6666 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorectal Fellow (Melbourne)
4 May 2021
Cabrini Monash University Department of Surgery
Full Time, 12 month appointment, commencing 31st Jan 2022
Cabrini is a large not for profit healthcare organisation with over 800 beds in seven clinical campuses across the continuum of care.
The Cabrini Monash University Department of Surgery focuses on performing high quality clinical and basic science research with an emphasis on answering clinically important questions that can be translated into better quality patient care and outcomes.
The Cabrini Colorectal Specialty Group is involved with high volume and high quality colorectal surgery including significant numbers of robotic and laparoscopic colorectal resections, transanal surgery, anorectal physiology and the full spectrum of benign diseases.
An opportunity is now available for a motivated and enthusiastic professional with relevant experience to join our team and assist, under supervision, in the management of colorectal inpatients and participate in the clinical and translational research program. There is the option of pursuing a Masters of Surgery through Monash University, supported by the department with a suitable and passionate individual.
Applicants ideally should hold a Fellowship in General Surgery of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons or equivalent, and be committed to a year of dedicated colorectal training and research. Attainment of Australian medical registration is essential.
Requirements of the role:
- Registered Medical Practitioner with relevant experience, FRACS or equivalent highly recommended
- Responsible for the clinical management of colorectal inpatients and emergencies as directed and supervised by the colorectal surgeons
- Participation in colorectal audit activities
- Participation in the Cabrini Monash University Department of Surgery research program
- Participation in the Cabrini undergraduate teaching program
- Candidate needs to be eligible for AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency)
- At least two Referees’ letter required in the application
Mr Raymond Yap