On this page
Surgeon (St Albans)
5 October 2021
Surgeon with an interest in skin cancer
Western Skin Institute is a dermatology clinic with an expertise in skin cancer. We are the only centre west to Melbourne with a Moh’s laboratory on-site. This practice has been operating for the 6 years. Number of major skin cancer operations is about 450 cases a year with 250 cases of Moh’s micrographic surgery.
Applicant: FRACS and has an interest in skin cancer. The candidate is preferable to be performing reconstructive surgery for the face as many of our patients have large defects after removing skin cancers completely by the Mohs surgery. Specialist trainees approaching the end of their training are also encouraged to apply.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the growth of the surgical team at WSI. You will be supported by an anaesthetist, dermatology associates (GP), nursing and administrative staff.
You must have:
- Current full AHPRA registration
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
Location: Western Skin Institute, 378 Main Road West, St Albans, Victoria, 2km from Sunshine Hospital.
Starting Date: 30th November, 2021 or TBA
Contact: David Chiang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0408347228
Surgical Medical Director Eastern Health (Victoria)
19 October 2021
Surgical Medical Director
Eastern Health, Victoria
Eastern Health is one of Melbourne’s largest metropolitan public health services. We provide a range of emergency, surgical, medical, and general healthcare services.
The role of EH Surgical Director is to assume responsibility for the leadership in the delivery of operational and strategic functions in relation to the clinical service, while supporting the Clinical Directors roles’ in delivering a high-quality clinical service across the respective Surgery division overseen.
The Surgical Director will work in Partnership with the Associate Program Director drive strategy, clinical safety, quality, and risk management as well as financial and activity management.
The EH Surgical Director will:
• Lead by example consistent with Eastern Health’s Values; a team of highly experienced and qualified people to achieve the best from them in the interests of safe, high quality care for patients
• Optimise patient care within the Surgery Program and Eastern Health more broadly through high levels of collaboration and effective relationships across Eastern Health programs and sites
• Lead and drive strategies which improve patient care, outcomes, patient flow and enhance patient experience within the Surgery Program and across Eastern Health
• Ensure best use of finite resources within the Surgery Program and across Eastern Health
• Ensure a consistent, standardised evidence-based approach to the development of standards and practice guidelines within the Surgery Program and across sites in relation to quality, safety and risk management
• Medical qualification and current registration including clinical practice in surgical speciality
• FRACS qualification, must be at least 8 years post FRACS
• Post graduate qualification in a health or management-related field is desirable
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity with an exceptional health service, please call our leading consultant:
Head of Research, Healthcare and Academia
Alumni Harvey Nash
0456 789 856