On this page
The majority of ASSET courses are now full. Please register to the waiting list for your preferred courses through the link above. You will be contacted by email if a place becomes available.
2023 release dates
Registrations for 2023 courses are scheduled to open as outlined below at 10am AEDT:
|RACS Fellows, SETs and SIMGs||16 November 2022|
|General release (all eligible applicants)||30 November 2022|
The demand for ASSET courses remains high, this is due to course cancellations throughout 2020 and 2021 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please join the Skills Training mailing list to be kept up to date with Skills Training activities.
2023 course schedule
Please visit the ASSET 2023 course schedule (PDF 49.41KB).
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) has launched a new Training & Services platform, where you can search, register and pay for courses. You will have to sign in to eHub to register.
You will be able to register in a few east steps:
- Complete the registration form
- Select pass
- Agree to Terms and Conditions
- Make payment via card or PayPal
- Your place is not confirmed until payment has been processed
- Please use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- If unable to proceed on the registration page, try a hard refresh (Ctrl F5)
Please refer to the quick reference guide for detailed steps, or watch this video on how to navigate your way through the platform. For more information, please refer to the frequently asked questions.
All courses have a waitlist available. During high traffic times, the website could need some time to update, you will be advised that a course is full and referred to the waitlist. You will be contacted if a place becomes available and given an opportunity to register.
In the event that a participant withdraws from a Skills Training course, the following refund criteria are applied:
- Withdrawal more than 10 weeks prior to course: 95% refund of course fee
- Withdrawal less than 10 weeks prior to course: 50% refund of course fee
- Withdrawal less than 6 weeks prior to course: No refund of course fee
This policy will apply to all courses and participants. We encourage registration to local courses.
In the event that RACS is required to cancel a course, participants will receive a full refund of their course fee.
Of a participant is not able to attend the course for compassionate reasons (e.g. sickness or bereavement) the refund amount will be determined on a case by case basis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if you are not able to attend the course.
Please do not attend a RACS event if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are awaiting a test result.
Please view the Skills Training cancelled courses disclaimer (PDF 112.69KB).
As at 2 September 2022.
Withdrawals and transfers
To withdraw from your allocate course, please login to eHub and follow the steps given below:
- Click your profile name on the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- Click My Registrations. This will display a list of all courses you are enrolled for.
- Click CANCEL button for the course you want to withdraw from.
- You will receive an email notification confirming your withdrawal.
- If you are eligible for a refund, you will receive an email confirming the credit has been processed.
Unfortunately transfer to alternative courses are not possible.
Please note due to the complexities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) recommends all applicants to attend a local course where possible. Some regions are limited on course offerings and when required RACS will prioritise local attendees in these regions. Please note RACS may contact an applicant to discuss their course place if registered to a course outside their region, and the applicant may be asked to withdraw from the course.
RACS is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page and RACS COVID-19 Event Safe Strategy (PDF 217.75KB) for more information.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.