On this page
The demand for the Skills Training courses remains very high, this is due to course cancellations throughout 2020 and 2021 as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We invite you to express interest for 2022 courses
- To submit your EOI please email six course choices to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name
- RACS ID
- Graduation date/PGY level
- Which course (including course code, nominate up to six course codes)
- You can view the CLEAR 2022 course schedule (PDF 132.72KB). You will receive confirmation from a RACS staff member when you have been added to a reserve list place. Please allow up to 5 working days for a response
We apologise that due to system limitations we are unable to provide registration links at this time.
Please note due to the complexities presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, RACS strongly recommends all applicants to attend a local course where possible. Some regions are limited on course offerings and when required RACS will prioritise local attendees in these regions. Please note RACS will contact an applicant to discuss their course place if registered to a course outside their region, and the applicant will be asked to withdraw from the course.
If you would like to be kept up to date with 2022 course information please join the Skills Training Mailing List.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
- Due to high demand all CLEAR courses scheduled in 2021 are now full and all 2021 reserve lists are closed.
- RACS SETs and SIMGs will be given priority registration for 2022 courses
- Please note some courses scheduled to run in 2022 are listed in the course schedule (PDF 132.72KB) as 'On hold', these courses are still in the process of being confirmed with venues and course faculty. Once courses are confirmed they will be released, please check in regularly for updates.
- Candidates are encouraged to register on the course at least six weeks prior to course commencement to ensure adequate preparation
- In 2022 there may be fewer course offerings due to the COVID-19 pandemic - we have been unable to run as many courses as usual and many venues have less places available due to physical distancing guidelines.
- All courses have a reserve list, please apply for the reserve list if your desired course is full
- Join the Skills Training mailing list to be kept up to date with Skills Training activities.
COVID-19 cancellation policy
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, cancellation requests for Skills Training courses will be managed in the following manner:
- Cancellations of more than four weeks prior to course: 95 per cent refund of course fee
- Cancellations of less than four weeks prior to course: No refund of course fee
This policy will apply to all courses and participants. We strongly encourage registration to local courses, as travel restrictions may change at any time.
In the event that RACS is required to cancel a course, participants will receive a full refund of their course fee.
Please do not attend a RACS event if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are awaiting a test result. Please contact us to review your options.
As at 17 November 2021.
Withdrawals and transfers
- To withdraw from your allocated course, please complete the withdrawal form.
- Unfortunately transfers to alternative courses are not possible. Applicants are required to withdraw from their original course then register in another course.
- Please refer to the cancellation policy for details regarding course refunds.
Please view the Skills Training cancelled courses disclaimer (PDF 112.69KB).