After reviewing the bills and associated information provided for consultation RACS offered the following comments for consideration:
- RACS supports the establishment of national registries for cancer and bowel cancer screening.
- RACS supports in principle the government's commitment to ensuring appropriate privacy provisions are in place for data collected and stored as part of the screening registries.
- RACS reiterates the importance that the registry software be compliant and compatible with existing software in use by Australian health care professionals. Compatibility is essential for the efficiency and success of the registries.
- RACS supports the creation of a single electronic record for each Australian participating in cervical and bowel cancer screening.
- RACS supports the development of a platform that can be scaled up to support future screening programs.
Read the complete submission at the link below.