Concerning the number of practitioners that ‘must be health practitioners with professional qualifications in the health profession regulated by the National Board that is a party to the proceedings’, the Victorian State Committee strongly support the maintenance of this requirement for all hearings, as professional peers are best placed to provide knowledge and expertise on matters that are referred to Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, including:
- cautioning or reprimanding a practitioner
- imposing a condition on a practitioner’s registration
- requiring a practitioner to pay a fine
- suspending a practitioner’s registration for a specified period
- cancelling a practitioner’s registration.