The RACS Queensland Committee has written to all political parties outlining areas of specific concern to Queensland Surgical Fellows, Trainees and Specialist International Medical Graduates in the lead-up to the forthcoming state election.
The RACS election statement includes advice from the College to the incoming government in the areas of:
- Delivery of surgical services especially in regional and rural areas – particularly the “Support Our Surgical Services” program
- Engagement with the surgical workforce
- Trauma care
- Improving patient safety and surgical outcomes:
- The shortfalls in the Health Transparency Act 2020
- Building Respect initiative
- Queensland Audit of Surgical Mortality– and other valuable audits and evidence-based system reviews and analysis. Including Get It Right First Time, National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, and the Australia and New Zealand Emergency Laparotomy Audit Quality Improvement.