Watch the message from the RACS President.
On behalf of all Fellows, Trainees and International Medical Graduates, the President of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Professor David Watters OBE, has apologised for discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment by surgeons.
Read the draft report and research report commissioned by the Expert Advisory Group into discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment.
RACS apologises for discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment (10 September 2015).
Statements of support and endorsements
- Endorsement from Australian Medical Association
- Endorsement from Urology Society of Australia and New Zealand (PDF 210KB)
- Endorsement from St Vincent's Health Australia
- Endorsement from Medical Council of New Zealand
- Endorsement from St John of God Healthcare
- Endorsement from Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission
- Endorsement from Australian Medical Board & AHPRA
- Endorsement by New Zealand Human Rights Commission
- Endorsement by The Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne
- RACMA President responds to RACS Draft Report on discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment
- Endorsement from the New Zealand Health Quality and Safety Commission
- Endorsement from the USANZ (PDF 216KB)
- St Vincent's Health Takes Action to Change Bullying Culture in Hospitals
- Australian Medical Council welcomes the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons' response to the Report of the Expert Advisory Group on discrimination, bullying and sexual harassment (PDF 261KB)