Assoc Prof Susan Neuhaus
Susan works as a General Surgeon in both public and private practice in Adelaide. She is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and Clinical Associate Professor to the Department of Surgery, University of Adelaide. She has specialty interests in melanoma and soft tissue tumours and is actively engaged in academic practice. Susan is appointed to the Court of Examiners in General Surgery.
Susan has also completed an Army career spanning over 20 years, in both the Regular Army and Army Reserve in a number of roles including command, clinical and administrative appointments and deployments to Cambodia, Bougainville and Afghanistan. Her military service was recognized with the award of the Conspicuous Service Cross in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List in 2009 and retired at the rank of Colonel in 2010.
Susan is a member and graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD). She also holds a number of academic, advisory and Board roles, including as a Director of the Cancer Council (South Australia) and Australasian Sarcoma Study Group (ASSG), Chairman of the Board of the Repat Foundation and is appointed to the Veterans Health Advisory Council, South Australia. Susan is Chairman of the national Sarcoma Guidelines project.
In 2012, Susan was South Australian finalist for Australian of the Year.
- Skin Melanoma
- Surgical Oncology
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australian Sarcoma Group and Australasian Sarcoma Study Group (ASSG)
- Clinical Oncological Society of Australia (COSA)
- Australian and New Zealand Melanoma Trials Group (ANZMTG)
- Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Australian Military Medicine Association (AMMA)
- Doctor of Philosphy