Associate Professor Cheng 'Cheng Hean' Lo
Associate Professor Cheng Hean Lo is a specialist plastic & reconstructive surgeon. He completed a Clinical Research Fellowship at Victorian Adult Burns Service (The Alfred) in 2013-2015. To further his interest in burn surgery, he completed a Master of Philosophy (MPhil, Monash University) at Victorian Adult Burns Service in the field of skin tissue engineering with first class honours in 2020, whilst working in a full time capacity. He has published at least 45 articles in peer-reviewed journals of international standing (13 publications in the last 5 years) and been involved with successful grant and funding applications totalling in excess of $3 million (>$2.8 million in last 5 years). The sources of funding included government bodies, commercial entities, universities and the National Health and Medical Research Council.
He is the current Head of Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at Western Health, and is a senior medical staff at the Victorian Adult Burns Service (The Alfred). His areas of particular interest include skin tissue engineering in the setting of burn injuries, and gender affirming surgery.
- Skin Cancer-Melanoma
- Australian Society Plastic Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Professional Association for Trans Health
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- Australia & New Zealand Burn Association
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (University of Melbourne)
- Master of Philosophy (Monash University)
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons