Associate Professor Thomas Lam
A/Professor Thomas Lam graduated MBBS from UNSW in 1984 and attained FRACS in both General Surgery (1990) and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (1996). He also holds Fellowships from other surgical colleges including FRCSGlasg, FRCSEd, FCSHK and, FHKAM(Surgery). A/Professor Lam has completed further post-graduate studies and a doctoral thesis: The Effects of Adjuvant Radiotherapy on Prosthetic Breast Reconstruction, for which he was awarded Doctor of Clinical Surgery from USyd in 2018.
A/Professor Lam has a comprehensive practice in the field of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery but has a special interest in breast reconstruction after mastectomy for cancer and liposuction for Lymphoedema. He has been appointed Clinical Associate Professor at both Macquarie University (Macquarie University Hospital) and Sydney University (Western Clinical School at Westmead Hospital).
Apart from being an ex-Councillor at the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, Professor Lam is also a Councillor of the Westmead Association. He was the Training Supervisor at the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Unit at Macquarie University Hospital and a member of the NSW Regional Subcommittee of the Australia Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. A/Professor Lam is also a Clinical Examiner at the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and is a Member of the Specialty Court of Examiners for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. He is the Head of Department of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at the Westmead Public Hospital and was formerly Head of Department at the Westmead Private Hospital and the Medical Director of MSI Professional Service (AU), a charitable organisation serving rural China.
- Skin Cancer-Melanoma
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow
- Fellow of the College of Surgeons Hong Kong
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Surgery)
- Doctor of Clinical Surgery, University of Sydney
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons