Ms Avanthi Mandaleson
Ms Avanthi Mandaleson is an Orthopaedic Surgeon and member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, who is an Australian and internationally fellowship trained hand and upper limb surgeon.
Avanthi is a Visiting Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Austin Hospital and Hand Surgeon at Monash Health where she is involved in teaching and training medical students, Orthopaedic surgeons and Hand Fellows. She continues her involvement in research and education through the University of Melbourne.
Her research interests include the study of wrist kinematics, implant fixation techniques and improving arthroplasty outcomes.
of Surgeons and Australian Orthopaedic Association, she undertook further subspecialty training in trauma and hand surgery in leading centres in Australia, Wrightington hospital, a leading orthopaedic upper limb centre in the UK and Ganga hospital in India, an international leader in microsurgical reconstruction.
Common conditions treated:
• Base of thumb arthritis
• Finger arthritis
• Wrist and elbow arthritis
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Fractures and dislocations
- Management of joint contracture and stiffness
- Nerve pathology
• Carpal tunnel syndrome
• Cubital tunnel syndrome
• Microsurgical nerve and vessel
repair and reconstruction
- Sports injuries
• Skiiers thumb (Ulnar collateral ligament tears)
• Scapholunate ligament injuries
• Ganglion cysts
• Elbow instability
- Tendon pathology
• Trigger finger
• DeQuervains syndrome
• Tennis elbow
• Golfers elbow
• Flexor Tendon ruptures – repair and reconstruction
- Medico Legal
- Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Australian Hand Surgery Society
- MBBS, BMedSci