Dr Deborah Wright
Deborah Wright is a General and Colorectal Surgeon in Dunedin.
Deborah began her medical training in the UK, before relocating to New Zealand in 2003 where she completed her training in General Surgery and a PhD in the molecular biology of colorectal cancer.
Deborah went on to complete subspecialty training in colorectal surgery spending time in Auckland, New Zealand and Birmingham, United Kingdom. She returned to Dunedin in 2019 and has appointments as Senior Lecturer in Surgery, Otago University, Specialist at Southern DHB, and surgeon and director at Intus Dunedin.
Her clinical interests include:
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Colorectal cancer
- Anorectal disorders, including haemorrhoids, fistulas, and fissures
- Hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction
- Clinical research
Areas of Practice
- Surgical Oncology
- Colon and rectal surgery section, RACS
- Academic Surgery, RACS
- New Zealand Association of General Surgeons
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Directors
- Fellow, Royal Australsian College of Surgeons
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Medicinal Science