Dr Christopher Lauder
Chris is a specialist Colorectal Surgeon who originates from the UK. He completed his medical degree at Leicester University in the UK in 2000. He then worked in the UK for seven years, completing his basic surgical training and attaining membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (RCS). In 2007 he made the decision to migrate to South Australia and is now an Australian citizen.
After moving to Adelaide he focused on research and was awarded a Master of Surgery degree for his work investigating abdominal adhesion formation at the University of Adelaide. He then completed his Australian Surgical Education Training with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) and went on to successfully acquire his fellowship in General Surgery (FRACS) in 2018
Chris has completed specialist colorectal surgical training with the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSSANZ), carrying out his colorectal fellowship years at Adelaide’s Flinders Medical Centre and the Royal Brisbane & Women’s Hospital. The focus of these years was a combination of advanced techniques in open colorectal surgery as well as complex minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic colorectal resections, transanal minimally invasive surgery in conjunction with taTME, and robotic surgery.
- Laparoscopic Colorectal and General Surgery
- Minimally invasive treatment of Colonic and Rectal Cancer
- Treatment of benign colonic conditions including diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease
- Anorectal problems such as haemorrhoids, fissure, abscess and fistula
- Faecal incontinence and prolapse, including sacral nerve stimulation
- Diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy (GESA accredited)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Master of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand