Dr James Churchill
Dr James A Churchill is a Specialist Urologist and Robotic Surgeon and a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). He strives to provide the highest standards of urological care with professionalism and empathy and recognises the importance of a patient-centred, multidisciplinary approach.
James completed his surgical training in New South Wales and pre-vocational training in Victoria. He is a graduate of the University of Melbourne (MBBS/BMedSc), including completion of an Advanced Medical Sciences year at the Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne.
He is currently undertaking a Fellowship in Urologic Oncology at The Christie NHS Trust, Manchester UK, focusing on multi-visceral pelvic oncology, complex retroperitoneal surgery and penile cancer, including using the Da Vinci robotic platform. He has published research in urology and surgical education, has presented research at numerous international conferences and is an active member of Australian and international professional societies.
He is an advocate for clinician leadership and medical education. He has been a Director of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons as Chair of the RACS Trainees Association (2020), Director of the Australian Medical Association as Chair of the AMA Council of Doctors in Training (2013-14), National President and Director of the Australian Medical Students' Association (2012) and is a Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD).
He is committed to advancing surgical education, undertaking a Master of Science (MSc) in Clinical Education at the University of Edinburgh and is a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Faculty of Surgical Trainers (MFSTEd) and an Associate Fellow of Advance HE (AFHEA).
Outside of medicine, he is a photographer, hiker, husband and a father.
- Surgical Oncology
- Associate Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Member, Urological Society of Australia & New Zealand
- Associate Member, British Association of Urological Surgeons
- Member, European Association of Urology
- Member, American Urological Association
- Member, Société Internationale d’Urologie
- Member, Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer Trials Group
- Member, Australian Medical Association (AMA(M))
- Australian Indigenous Doctors' Association (Associate Member)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Medical Science, University of Melbourne
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, RCS Edinburgh Faculty of Surgical Trainers
- Member, RCS Edinburgh International Postgraduate Deanery
- Member, Australian Medical Association
- Graduate Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Associate Fellow, AdvanceHE
- Member, Academy of Medical Educators