Dr Jinna Yao
Dr Jinna Yao is a caring urological surgeon committed to exceptional and personalised care of general urology patients. She believes in delivering dedicated and compassionate service to patients using safe and cutting-edge techniques. She has further subspecialty interest in kidney and prostate diseases, including BPH, robotic and laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery and kidney transplantation.
Dr Yao graduated with honours at the University of New South Wales School of Medicine in 2007, and obtained a Master of Surgery at the University of Sydney in 2014. She underwent a six year Advanced Surgical Training for Urology in New South Wales and was accepted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2019.
To further refine her urological skills, she went on to complete her post-fellowship training in kidney and pancreas transplantation at Westmead Hospital where she gained skills in complex open and laparoscopic kidney surgery. Dr Yao then completed a robotic urological oncology fellowship at Macquarie University Hospital where she underwent rigorous training in robotic surgery for kidney and prostate cancers.
Dr Yao is a full member of the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand. She has a keen interest in education and training. She combines her clinical work with research, and has authored multiple peer reviewed publications. She is credited with speaking at many peer-reviewed local and international conferences, including the Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand, American Urological Association, European Association of Urology, World Congress of Endourology and the World Transplant Congress.
Dr Yao has special interests in:
- Urological cancers – kidney, prostate
- Robotic and laparoscopic minimally invasive surgery
- Management of women and men with lower urinary tract symptoms and UTI
- Management of men with BPH
- Laser surgery for kidney stones
- Kidney transplantation
- Surgical Oncology
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Urological Society of Australia and New Zealand
- American Urological Association
- European Association of Urology
- Transplant Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Urology)
- Master of Surgery (Transplant Surgery)
- MBBS (Hons), BSc
- Post Fellowship Education and Training Program in Transplantation Surgery