Dr Peters trained in cardiothoracic surgery in London at the Royal Brompton Hospital and the London Chest Hospital, did a fellowship at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney and worked as a Consultant Cardiothoracic surgeon at St. Batholomews Hospital in London and the London Chest Hospital before moving to Australia. He was a Consultant in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Princess Alexandra Hospital in Brisbane for ten years and has been a VMO in Cardiothoracic surgery at Greenslopes Private Hospital since 2004. He also consults and operates at the Mater Hospital Brisbane.
His practice includes all aspects of adult cardiac and thoracic surgery including minimally invasive surgery.
- Member - Australia & New Zealand Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Member - European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Master of Surgery (University of London)
- UK Intercollegiate Diploma in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons