Dr Simon Quinn
Dr Simon Quinn is a Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon. He has particular interests in the minimally invasive treatment of both arterial and venous pathology, and in complex arterial reconstruction of both aneurysmal and occlusive arterial disease.
His practice encompasses the assessment and treatment of the full spectrum of vascular conditions, incorporating both arterial and venous disease.
Dr Quinn grew up in Brisbane and attended the University of Queensland. After completing a degree in Physiotherapy he undertook a postgraduate Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, graduating with Honours. He completed his surgical training throughout Queensland and Victoria and was awarded Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Vascular Surgery.
Dr Quinn gained sub-specialist training in advanced endovascular techniques while working at St Vincent’s and the Epworth hospitals in Melbourne. After completion of his training Dr Quinn visited international quaternary vascular surgical units at the Groningen University Medical Centre and St Mary’s Hospital, London to gain further experience in emerging endovascular techniques.
Dr Quinn’s practice is based at the Wesley Hospital in Auchenflower. Consultations take place at the Wesley Medical Centre and operations are performed at both the Wesley Hospital and Greenslopes Private Hospital.
Dr Quinn also holds appointments as a Consultant Vascular Surgeon at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and The Prince Charles Hospital and is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Queensland.
Dr Quinn has particular interest in the treatment of:
- Aortic aneurysm – open and endovascular
- Carotid artery disease – endarterectomy and stenting
- Claudication & Lower limb arterial disease – endovascular and bypass
- Diabetic foot management
- Renal access surgery
- Varicose veins – open, endovenous and sclerotherapy
- Medico Legal
- Peripheral Arterial
- Vascular Access for dialysis and chemotherapy
- Thoracic Outlet Syndromes
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the Australian and New Zealand Society of Vascular Surgeons
- Accreditation by the Conjoint Committee for the Recognition of Training in Peripheral Endovascular Therapy for Peripheral Endovascular Therapy and Fenestrated and Branched Endografting
- Member of the Australian Medical Association
- Senior Lecturer at the University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgeryu with Honours
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours