Prof Ian Jones
I am a specialist colorectal surgeon with an active clinical practice in the management of colorectal cancer, inflammatory bowel disease including Crohn's disease, colitis and diverticular disease. I perform diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopy including bowel cancer screeing. I treat anorectal disorders including fistulas and fissures.
My general surgical training took place at Royal Melbourne Hospital and was followed by specialist training in colon and rectal surgey undertaken over a 3 year period at the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio, USA
I hold an appointment as a consultant colorectal surgeon at Royal Melbourne Hospital and am a past Head of its Colorectal Surgery Unit (1999-2012)
My CV includes more than 90 research publications in peer reviewed medical journals.
I am a Past President of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (2005-7)
- Medico Legal
- Fellow Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Fellow American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (FASCRS)
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS - Eng)
- Foundation Member Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSSANZ)
- Member Australian Medical Association
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons