Dr Idrees 'Reece' Sher
Mr Sher is an Australian trained neurosurgeon and spinal surgeon. He has received extensive neurosurgery and spinal surgery training in highly regarded institutions including Royal North Shore Hospital, Royal Hobart Hospital, Monash Hospital, Monash Children's Hospital and Austin Hospital. He has completed a subspecialist combined neurosurgical and orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship at the Austin Hospital.
Mr Sher's subspecialty interests include neuro-oncology (brain and spine tumour) and motion preservation spinal surgery.
Mr Sher regularly collaborates with local and international colleagues to bring the latest and safest techniques to minimise complications and optimise patient outcomes.
Mr Sher has public appointments at the Austin Hospital and Northern Hospital. He is accredited at numerous private hospitals across Melbourne including Cabrini Hospital Malvern and Warringal Private Hospital.
- Peripheral Nerve Decompression
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
- North American Spine Society
- AO Spine
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences (Medical Radiation Science) Diagnostic Radiography
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (Honours)
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Neurosurgery)
- Post Fellowship Education and Training in Spinal Surgery (AOA and NSA Accredited fellowship)