Dr James Churchill
Dr James A Churchill is a Urologist trained in New South Wales and a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). He is a graduate of the University of Melbourne MBBS/BMedSc program, completing an Advanced Medical Sciences year at the Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne.
He is currently undertaking a Fellowship at The Christie NHS Trust, Manchester UK, with an interest in pelvic oncology and rare cancers including retroperitoneal sarcoma and penile cancer. He is an active member of numerous Urologic, Surgical and Oncologic professional societies.
In addition to a commitment to the highest standards of patient care, he is an advocate for clinician leadership and quality medical education. He has been a Director of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons as Chair of the RACS Trainees Association (2020), Director of the Australian Medical Association as Chair of the AMA Council of Doctors in Training (2013-14), President of the Australian Medical Students' Association (2012) and is a Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD).
He is undertaking a Master of Clinical Education (MSc) at the University of Edinburgh and is an Associate Fellow of AdvanceHE, formerly the Higher Education Academy UK.
Outside of medicine, he is a photographer, hiker, husband and a father.
Dr Churchill recognises the importance of a patient-centred approach to surgical care and strives to provide excellent care with professionalism and empathy.
- Surgical Oncology
- Urological Society of Australia & New Zealand
- European Association of Urology
- American Urological Association
- Société Internationale d’Urologie
- Endourological Society
- Australian and New Zealand Urogenital and Prostate Cancer Trials Group
- American College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Medical Science, University of Melbourne
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member, Australian Medical Association
- Graduate Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Associate Fellow, AdvanceHE