Assoc Prof Jerome Laurence
Dr Jerome Laurence MBChB FRACS FRCS(C) PhD is a specialist in upper gastrointestinal surgery, focusing on liver, pancreas, gallbladder, stomach and oesophageal cancer. He has a particular interest in minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery. He also performs dialysis access, liver and kidney transplantation surgery.
An Associate Professor at the University of Sydney and RPA Institute of Academic Surgery, Dr Laurence is based at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. His private practice is located in consulting rooms in Camperdown.
Areas of Practice
- Upper Gastrointestinal-Hepatopancreatobiliary
- Surgical Oncology
- Dr Laurence is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- having completed the General Surgery certifying examinations of each of these Colleges
- He is a member of the Australia and New Zealand Hepatic Pancreatic and Biliary Association (ANZHPBA) having completed a fellowship accredited by the Association
- He is an appointed member of the ANZHPBA board
- Dr Laurence also a member of the American Society of Transplant Surgeons and the Americas Hepatobiliary Association
- having completed a fellowship accredited by both these organizations
- He is also appointed as an Associate Professor at the RPA Institute of Academic Surgery and University of Sydney
- University of Sydney
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada