Professor Julie Miller
For more informatoin, visit www.parathyroid.com.au
Dr. Miller is a specialist surgeon with specific expertise in endocrine surgery. Originally from the United States, she became a fully qualified surgeon in New York City before moving to Australia in 2001. She is a consultant surgeon at Royal Melbourne Hospital and Epworth Freemason's, and past president of Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons and Chair of the Endocrine Section of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
She is head of the Endocrine Tumour Group of the Royal Melbourne Hospital, and directs the Thyroid Cancer Multidisciplinary Care Conference. She has a special interest and expertise in minimally invasive parathyroid surgery, as well as thyroid cancer, and minimally invasive adrenal surgery.
In May 2011 Dr. Miller was the first surgeon in Victoria to perform a PRA (posterior retroperitoneoscopic adrenalectomy) This approach to the adrenal gland is relatively painless, so benefits the patient in terms of faster recovery. Most patients have no need for prescription pain tablets. The procedure was covered on ABC radio and in the Herald Sun newspaper.
Dr. Miller is a sought after speaker and has given many invited lectures nationally and internationally on her areas of expertise, including as invited international faculty on a Masters of Endocrine Surgery course in the USA.
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- American Board of Surgery
- Australian New Zealand Association of Endocrine Surgeons (Executive Council)
- Asian Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- International Assoication of Endocrine Surgeons
- American Association of Endocrine Surgeons
- Dipolmate of the American Board of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons