Dr Kalpesh Shah
Dr Kalpesh Shah has Private Consulting rooms at the norther end of Newcastle Private Hospital.
He has admitting rights to both Newcastle and Lake Macquarie Private Hospitals and accepts both private and public patients. He operates and consults for Hunter New England Area Health Service as Staff Specialist for Surgical Services and Acute General Surgical Unit at John Hunter and Belmont.
After completing his General Surgery training in Mumbai, India, Dr Shah augmented his skills in HPB and UGI Surgical units at University Hospitals in Leicester, United Kingdom and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow. After obtaining Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, he commenced at John Hunter and as Staff Specialist and then Director of General Surgery. Dr Shah also Mentors, Teaches, Examines and Supervises at John Hunter Hospital for the University of Newcastle and New England University.
Dr Shah’s Specialties include:
- Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) Surgery focusing on the abdominal contents of the stomach, small intestine, large intestine, liver, pancreas, gallbladder, appendix and bile ducts together with
- Upper gastrointestinal (UGI) surgery
- Both laparoscopic surgery and open repair of hernias
- Removal of gallstones (Cholecystectomy)
- Abdominal wall reconstruction and
- Emergency trauma surgery.
He is a founding member of the Australia & New Zealand Hepatic, Pancreatic & Biliary Association and accredited with the Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA) for performing;
- Endoscopy, Colonoscopy and ERCP.
Dr Shah also specialises in:
- Oncological surgery for the removal of tumours and nearby tissues, biopsy, cancer staging, palliative surgeries to control pain and increase patient comfort and manage cancer related symptoms and side effects.
- Upper Gastrointestinal
- Hepato-Pancreato Biliary
- Surgical Oncology