Associate Professor Kiarash Taghavi
A/Prof Taghavi graduated from the University of Otago, prior to completing Paediatric Surgical training under the auspices of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Throughout his training he has worked at centres of excellence across Australia (Brisbane, Melbourne) and New Zealand (Auckland, Wellington). He has also visited surgical centres in the UK (Queens' Medical Centre, Nottingham and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London) and Europe (Hôpital Necker-Enfants malades, Paris). Following his training he completed post-fellowship work in Paediatric Urology at the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne.
A/Prof Taghavi has extensive experience in research and education. He has published over 50 peer-reviewed journal articles and nine book chapters. He has also completed post-graduate diplomas in surgical anatomy, paediatrics and clinical education. He has been a member of the Board of Paediatric Surgery, and currently holds membership to the European Society for Paediatric Urology, British Association of Paediatric Urologists and Hypospadias International Society. He is also editor for the Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, and Frontiers in Urology. As well as being an enthusiastic Paediatric Urologist, Kiarash also performs regularly as a violinist.
- Paediatric Urology
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- European Society for Paediatric Urology
- British Association of Paediatric Urologists
- Hypospadias International Society
- The Society of Paediatric Urology of New Zealand and Australia
- European Paediatric Surgeons Association
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Postgraduate Diploma in Surgical Anatomy(Dist)
- Diploma of Paediatrics
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Education
- Certified Health Informatician Australasia