Mr Christopher Byrne
Dr Byrne is a specialist colorectal surgeon who did his undergraduate training at Sydney University, then trained in colorectal surgery at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and St Marks Hospital, London. He operates at Royal Prince Alfred, The Mater and Sydney Day Surgery. His areas of expertise include colorectal cancer including laparoscopic surgery, recurrent pelvic cancers, perianal sepsis, endometriosis and pelvic floor surgery as well as hernias. His research interests include inflammatory bowel disease, patient preference, pelvic floor disorders, perianal sepsis and trauma. He consults on Mondays, Tuesdays and alternate Thursdays.
- Dr Byrne is a subspecialist colorectal surgeon
- a member and counsellor of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand
- He is the trauma co-director at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital
- He is an EMST Director and is the Eastern Director of the EMST Committee in Australia
- He is the network hub director of the SET general surgical training scheme and is a member of the NSW Board In General Surgery
- Master of Surgery