Mr Lachlan Dandie
I returned home to South Australia in 2013 after training interstate, and have a public appointment at the Lyell McEwin Hospital in Elizabeth Vale, where I am head of Upper GI/HPB Surgery. I also have an appointment at Flinders Medical Centre, primarily as a vehicle to get public patients with cancer operated on in a high volume centre with all the support they need and better outcomes.
I consult privately at my rooms in Unley Park and Elizabeth, with regular operating lists at Calvary Adelaide and Calvary Central Districts Hospitals. I also have admitting rights at Calvary North Adelaide Hospital and Burnside War Memorial Hospital.
I have interests in all areas of Upper GI Surgery, including advanced laparoscopy, bariatric surgery, anti-reflux surgery, upper GI oncology (gastrectomy/oesophagectomy) and complicated biliary disease.
I also perform a wide range of general surgery, including hernia surgery (open and laparoscopic), bowel surgery, carpal tunnel release, excision of lesions and provide general oncall surgical services to the hospital.
I have recently moved into my own rooms, as a joint venture with another surgeon, Mr Jon Shenfine. We both believe that patients need someone they can talk to and relate to first and foremost, and that there is no 'one-size-fits-all' for surgery.
All appointments for private consulting can be made via the Unley rooms. Please call Kahlia on (08) 7082 9220 to make an appointment. Public referrals can be sent through the usual public hospital referral channels.
- Upper Gastrointestinal-Hepatopancreatobiliary
- Member of General Surgeons Australia
- Member of ANZGOSA (Australia and New Zealand Gastro-oesophageal Surgeons Association)
- Member of ANZHPBA (Australia and New Zealand Hepato-Pancreatico-Biliary Surgeons Association)
- Member of ANZMOSS (Australia and New Zealand Metabolic and Obesity Surgery Society)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (Flinders)