Ms Muthuthantrige 'Ashani' Couchman
I am a Urological Surgeon who subspecialises in Neuro-urology and transitional urology. Having completed my Urological training in New Zealand I travelled to Edinburgh and then London to undertake sub-specialty fellowships in Reconstructive Urology, Adolescent Urology, Paediatric urology and Neuro-Urology. These were at the Western General Hospital (Edinburgh), University College London Hospitals (London), Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children (London) and the Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery (London).
I currently live and work in Adelaide. I consult at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, the Hampstead Spinal rehabilitation centre, the Women's and Children's hospital and am in private practice with a group of Urologists at Continence Matters, Calvary North Adelaide. I am the president of the Continence Foundation of Australia - South Australian branch.
I am passionate about my subspecialty work while maintaining skills in general urology.
- Member of the Children's and young adults committee - International Continence Society
- President of the Continence Foundation of Australia- SA branch
- Member of the Urological society of Australia and New Zealand
- Member of the International neuro-urological Society
- Member of the international Continence Society
- Member of the European Association of Urologists