Prof Shyan Vijayasekaran
Professor Shyan Vijayasekaran grew up in Perth, studied at the University of Western Australia and graduated with distinctions in Medicine and Surgery. He subsequently trained in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery in London and Perth. Shyan completed a Fellowship in Paediatric Otolaryngology with Professor Robin Cotton at Cincinnati Children's Hospital, USA. He is one of the few international graduates of this prestigious programme. Shyan was awarded the Charles Ferguson prize by the American Society of Paediatric Otolaryngology in 2005.
Shyan also works at Perth Children's Hospital and several other institutions in Perth. He is affiliated with the faculty of health and medical sciences, University of Western Australia. His clinical and research interests included disorders of airway, voice, swallowing, management of hearing loss and chronic otitis media.
He has published over 100 papers in peer reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks and is frequently invited to speak at national and international meetings. He provides voluntary medical care at several hospitals in developing nations. Shyan is married with 4 children and enjoys travel, reading, the outdoors and yoga
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Australia and New Zealand Society of Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Australian Cleft Lip and Palate association
- American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Australian Medical Association
- Inter-American Society of Pediatric otolaryngology