Dr Rebecca Ayers
Originally from Rotorua, Rebecca gratuated from Otago Medical School in 1999 and completed her specialist training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2009. After a further four years of additional specialist training in the United Kingdom, Rebecca was delighted to return to Dunedin. Her work in the UK was varied and involved time at the prestigious Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, The Royal Free Hospital and the Wellington hospitals in London, and finally The Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead. Rebecca completed a Postgraduate diploma of Hand Surgery (Manchester University) during her time away.
Rebecca's areas of interest include:
- Hand surgery
- Primary and secondary breast surgery including breast reconstruction
- Skin cancer management and surgery
- General plastic surgery
Rebecca is also a Senior Clinical Lecturer at Otago Medical School.
- Skin Cancer-Melanoma
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of American Society for Surgery of the Hand