Mr Saam Tourani
Mr Saam Tourani is a Melbourne-based specialist general surgeon and endoscopist, subspecialised in breast and endocrine surgery.
Areas of special Interest/expertise:
- Advanced oncoplastic breast conservative surgery for breast cancer including therapeutic mammoplasty, perforator flaps, lipomodelling
- Breast reconstruction both autologous and implant-based
- Correction of gynaecomastia
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy
- Assessment and management of adrenal tumours, including endoscopic retroperitoneal adrenalectomy
Commitment to excellence:
Saam’s commitment to excellence has been repetitively shown in his academic and professional career. Throughout medical school he was consistently top of his year. Subsequent to his internship he did surgical resident and registrar training at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and the Western Health and a PhD degree at the Taylor Reconstructive Plastic Surgery Research Lab at the University of Melbourne, before obtaining fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
in 2019. He then did two years of post-fellowship training in breast (BreastSurgANZ) and endocrine surgery at some of the most reputable centres in Australia and overseas including Princess Alexandra hospital in Brisbane, The Royal Liverpool Hospital in the UK, and the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- Breast surgery: Including surgery for breast cancer and benign breast conditions
- Endocrine surgery: thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal
- General surgery: both emergency and elective surgery including but not limited to appendix, gallbladder, bowel and anorectal conditions, hernias, skin and subcutaneous lesions, vasectomy, carpal tunnel release, insertion of implantable venous access ports.
- Endoscopy: adult gastroscopy and colonoscopy (GESA accredited and recertified)
- Point of care ultrasound: Breast and Endocrine (CCPU)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Breast Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand
- Endocrine Surgeons of Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Society of Ultrasound Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Certificate of Clinician Performed Ultrasound