Dr Shinn Yeung
Dr Shinn Yeung's interests include the surgical management of Colorectal Liver Metastases, Laparoscopic Hepatobiliary/Pancreatic surgery, laparoscopic hernia repair and Robotic HPB surgery.
Dr Yeung graduated from the University of Queensland, and trained in general surgery at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and gained fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in 2000. Following this, Dr Yeung travelled to England where further specialist training in Hepatlobiliary Surgery, especially in the management of Colorectal Liver Metastases was undertaken. Upon returning to Brisbane, Dr Yeung undertook further training in Liver Transplantation, Advanced Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery.
Dr Yeung was appointed Consultant Surgeon in Hepatobiliary andLiver Transplant Surgery at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and a VMO at Greenslopes Private Hospital in 2004. Dr Yeung was awarded Fellowship of the Americal College of Surgeons on 4 October 2010.
In 2013, Dr Yeung performed the first robotic pancreatectomy, and in 2014 the first robotic single-site cholecystectomy in Australia
- Upper Gastrointestinal-Hepatopancreatobiliary
- Hepato-Pancreato Biliary
- Member of the ANZHPBA (Australia & New Zealand HepatoPancreaticoBiliary Association)
- Member of the IHPBA (International HepatoPancreaticoBiliary Association)
- Member of ILLS (International Laparoscopic Liver Surgery Association)
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Surgeons