On this page
Patient education pamphlets have been developed in a range of surgical specialties to:
- assist communication with patients
- provide a tool for achieving informed consent
The pamphlets are developed, published and distributed by specialist publishers in this field whose pamphlets are selected by the College to carry the College crest. The publishers (Mi-tec and EIDO Healthcare Australia) employ expert Fellows to ensure the pamphlets are of the highest quality.
Patient education pamphlets for surgical procedures are available from Mi-tec Medical Publishing and EIDO Healthcare Australia.
To order pamphlets, please contact:
- The information in these pamphlets is general and does not contain all known facts about the treatment or complaint.
- The benefits and risks of the treatment will depend on your medical condition and may vary from person to person.
- These pamphlets are not a substitute for advice from your doctor. Your doctor will answer your questions about diagnosis and treatment.