Conditions, policy & guideline
Recipients are required to:
- submit scholarship research for presentation at the Surgical Education stream of RACS Annual Scientific Congress, during or in the 12 months following the scholarship period
- speak at ASE events when invited.
Please also refer to:
- the Scholarships and Grants program research scholarship policy
- the ASE Research scholarship guideline (PDF 936.92KB)
Who can apply?
You need to be a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) on the pathway to Fellowship or SET Trainee.
Past recipients are ineligible.
Your application is to include:
- your career and employment details
- your research proposal including: your project aim and research questions; research objectives; scientific literature references; research design; participants; data analysis; limitations and assumptions.
- a list of your five most important publications, along with an upload of the cover page of each that clearly shows all authors (optional)
- a list of your five most important conference presentations (optional)
- proposed budget
- a summary of your experience in obtaining and delivering surgical education research projects (max 100 words)
- a statement on the anticipated future contribution you will make to surgical education in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand (max 50 words)
Selection and awarding
Selection is via assessment of the written application only.
The selection panel is comprised of representatives of:
- the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee
- the Academy of Surgical Educators
- the Education Board
This scholarship is paid directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship activity year (following receipt of a valid invoice).
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the scholarship opening date. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock