Who can apply?
Applications for 2022 activity are now closed.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to be a RACS Fellow, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMG) or SET Trainee.
You may not re-apply if you have previously received this scholarship.
ActivityYour activity needs to focus on research into the efficacy of existing surgical education or innovation of new surgical education practices.
SelectionSelection is via assessment of the written application only.
The selection panel is comprised of representatives of:
- the ANZ Scholarship and Grant Committee
- the Academy of Surgical Educators
- the Professional Development and Standards Board
Recipient obligationsRecipients will be required to:
- submit scholarship research for presentation at the Surgical Education stream of RACS Annual Scientific Congress, during or in the 12 months following the scholarship period
- speak at ASE events when invited
PaymentThis scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient, upon receipt of a valid tax invoice as requested by the Scholarship and Grant department. Payment will be made in one instalment prior to 1 March in the scholarship year.
Your application needs to include a summary of your experience in obtaining and delivering surgical education research projects, along with the anticipated future contribution you will make to surgical education in Australia and/or Aotearoa New Zealand.
Before applying, please read: