Conditions, policy and guideline
- is required to present an outline of the outcomes of their scholarship activity at the SA, NT & WA Annual Scientific Meeting in the year following the scholarship activity.
Note that the tristate ASM is held in WA, NT & SA on a rotational basis, therefore the recipient would need to be available to present in the host state.
Please also refer to:
- the Learning and Development grant policy
- the scholarship (PDF 567.74KB)guideline (PDF 567.74KB)
Who can apply?
Applications are open to RACS Fellows, Specialist International Medical Graduate (SIMGs on the pathway to RACS Fellowship) and SET Trainees* who are permanent residents of South Australia.
Applicants may reside temporarily outside SA for the purpose of postgraduate study or training but must return to live and work in the state following the conclusion of their scholarship.
*SET applicants are ineligible.
The scholarship supports travel and costs associated with postgraduate study or advancing surgical skills, in Australia or overseas. Activity must be for a minimum six month period.
The proposed travel program may not commence before the closing date for applications, and must commence before the end of the awarded scholarship year.
Your application is to include:
- career and employment details
- details of the proposed activity to be undertaken and a statement on why funding is required
- a submission outlining the proposed benefit of the applicant’s program to the South Australian surgical community
- evidence showing the return date to SA employment following the scholarship (such as a letter of employment or email from the HoD)
Selection and awarding
Selection is via assessment of the written application.
The selection panel is comprised of members of the South Australian Regional Committee.
Should two applications be of equal merit, preference will be given to applicants wishing to travel overseas for their activity.
- payment is made directly to the recipient by 1 March in the scholarship year (following receipt of a valid invoice)
- accommodation and travel costs will be paid by reimbursement (max $10,000). Receipts are to be provided as requested at the conclusion of the scholarship period.
To applyApplication is via the Scholarships and Grants Program online platform, RACS Unlock, hosted by Survey Monkey Apply.
You may register as an applicant on RACS Unlock at any time, however applications will not display on your dashboard until the Scholarships and Grants Program application opening date in April. There is no need to re-register if you already have a RACS Unlock registration.
Please note: emailed applications are not accepted.
Visit RACS Unlock