In This Section
Under this pathway the:
- IMG applies for and is offered a short term training position
- IMG applies to the Australian Medical Council (AMC) for primary source verification (PSV) of their medical qualifications (see link below)
- AMC verifies medical qualifications through ECFMG EPIC or ECIS
- AMC receives EICS or EPIC number from ECFMG and uploads on a secure portal for use by the Medical Board of Australia (MBA)
- IMG applies directly to RACS online application form for short term training using a MBA Application for assessment by a medical college (Form no: AAMC-30) found at the link below.
- RACS conducts a paper based assessment
- RACS provides a copy of its advise to the MBA and to the IMG
- IMG applies to MBA for limited registration postgraduate training or supervised practice using MBA application form ALPS-30 (found at the link below)
- The MBA decides whether to grant registration (based on RACS advice and any other information relevant).