On this page
RACS Neville Davis and RACS Papers Prize 2021
Digital Health Webinar
- using My Health Record to enable improved decision support and continuity of care
- an update on electronic prescribing.
Webinar commences: 7pm (AEST)
Venue: QLD State Office - Level 2, 59 - 69 Shafston Avenue, Kangaroo Point, QLD, 4169
Food and refreshments will be available from 6pm. There will be time allocated for questions and answers.
Surgeons' Month 2021
Surgeons Month will take place in October/November this year. Please see our events schedule below:
- Tuesday 19 October - Committee Dinner and Awards Night
- Tuesday 26 October - Preparation for SET (Medical Students and Junior Doctors looking for a career in surgery)
- Saturday 30 October - Medical Students Surgical Skills Competition
- Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 November - Younger Fellows Preparation For Practice
- Tuesday 9 November - Past Chair's Dinner
- Friday 12 November - FSSE course
- Thursday 18 November - Directors of Surgery Forum
- Friday 19 November - Leading Out of Drama Course
- Saturday 20 November - Neville Davis and RACS Papers Prize Finals
- Friday-Sunday 19-21 November - QLD State Conference
Bongiorno Building Your Brand
Time: 6.00pm arrival for a 6.30pm start
Date: November 2021
Venue: Level 2, 59 - 69 Shafston Avenue, Kangaroo Point, QLD, 4169
Queensland State Conference 2021
The State Conference will be held at Peppers Resort Noosa from 20-21 November 2021. Please reserve the date in your calendar. Sessions will include the following:
- Planning – QHealth/Directors of Surgery
- KPI – QHealth /Directors of Surgery
- Resources – theatre, anaesthetists, surgeons
- Generalism in surgery – training/college
- Trauma/Emergency Surgery
- Rural issues - RACS Rural Health Equity Strategic Action Plan and SOSS Program
- Medical students – work life balance versus acute surgery provision in the future
- Trainees – fatigue, supervision, flexible training impacts strategy/supervision in training afterhours/quality
As is customary at the State Conference, we will have the David Theile Lecture, which will be delivered by Dr Michael Wagels and a dinner speech from the honoured guest Dr Rosslyn Walker.
2021 Queensland Charity Dinner
The Queensland Charity Dinner was held Friday 14 May 2021 at W Hotel celebrating ASC week with money raised to support the Foundation for Surgery. Guests were treated to a three-course meal and ongoing entertainment throughout the night. This included: a pink carpet equipped with photographer, live and silent auctions which were held throughout the night, and a performance by Opera Queensland.
Women in Surgery
2021 International Women's Day
RACS Queensland celebrated International Women’s Day 2021 by hosting a Women in Surgery morning tea at Customs House on 13 March with Gold Coast streaming in. Attendees enjoyed listening to two speeches by guest speakers Professor Julie Mundy and Lou Farmer and Nikki Brookes from The Small Steps 4 Hannah Foundation. The event proved to be an excellent networking opportunity for all.
RACS Coronavirus information hub
The COVID-19 information hub has useful resources and updates about the coronavirus outbreak. The information hub contains information about hospital accreditation, training and support as well as links to COVID-19 downloads, resources and journal articles. Find out more.
Queensland State Committee
Letter to the Director-General (PDF 109.67KB) - 2 April 2020
AMA Queensland principles public-private partnership - 15 April 2020
Avant Mutual Group
Avant have proactively implemented measures to effectively serve members as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to escalate. See Avant's latest updates including information on:
RACS Queensland would like to acknowledge and thank its sponsors for their ongoing support. This partnership with our State Committee ensures that ongoing success of our events.
Shexie, VMORE, Ramsay Health, Medtronic Australasia, Matrix Surgical, Charterhouse Medical, BOQ Specialist, Experien, Defence Force Recruiting, ANZ Health