Applications for Selection to the 2024 SET intake will open from Tuesday 10 January 2023 to Tuesday 31 January 2023. No extensions are available.
- Registration for selection into SET regulation (PDF 89.39KB)
- Selection to Surgical Education and Training regulation (PDF 209.99KB)
- Guide to SET booklet (PDF 983.47KB) - provides greater details about the RACS SET training program
- Guide to SET Selection (PDF 1.36MB) - an essential reference for SET applicants
- Guidelines: Registration for Selection Form (PDF 534.68KB)
- Guidelines: Application for Selection form (PDF 465.77KB)
Timeline for selection 2023
Stage 1: Registration for selection
Opens Tuesday 10 January 2023 (12:00 noon AEDT). Closes Tuesday 31 January 2023 (12:00 noon AEDT)
Stage 2: Apply to the SET program
Opens Wednesday 1 March 2023 (12:00 noon AEDT). Closes Wednesday 29 March 2023 (12:00 noon AEDT)
Stage 3: Referee reports collected
For applicants to Cardiothoracic Surgery, Vascular Surgery, General Surgery Australia, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery New Zealand:Nominated referees will be contacted directly and will be able to provide an online reference for potential applicants from Friday 28 April until Monday 22 May 2023, 8.00pm AEST.
For all other specialties, please check the appropriate webpage (links below).
Stage 4: Interviews
Stage 5: Announcement of offers
Latest day of notification of outcome: Friday 10 November 2023
SET selection preparation courses
RACS in partnership with the Specialty Societies delivering the Surgical Education and Training Program do not accredit, endorse or recommend any commercial providers delivering SET selection and interview training courses.
RACS and the Specialty Societies do not share with commercial providers any information regarding the content and style of SET selection interviews or any other selection tools, and have no evidence of the usefulness of these commercial courses.
For information about applications for the following specialties please check the appropriate webpage:
Orthopaedic Surgery – New Zealand
Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery - Australia