On this page
Course learning outcomes
By completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of non-technical skills in safe surgery
- Use a common language to discuss non-technical skills
- Describe ways to improve non-technical skills in each of the four categories of the NOTSS Taxonomy
- Observe and discuss examples of good and poor non-technical behaviours in the operating theatre
- Give feedback to Trainees and other consultants on their non-technical behaviours
- Reflect on your own non-technical behaviours
- Rate behaviours using the NOTSS rating scale.
Are you eligible for this course?
This course is and available to and appropriate for College members (Fellows and Specialist International Medical Graduates) and Trainees.
- Modes of delivery: 2x compulsory eLearning modules to be completed before attending a 1-day face-to-face course
- Duration: eLearning modules (2 hours) plus face-to-face course (7 hours)
- Time: All courses run from 8:30am – 4:00pm local time
- Thursday 30 March 2023 – Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand
- Thursday 18 May 2023 – Brisbane, QLD Australia
- Thursday 27 July 2023 – Sydney, NSW Australia
- Thursday 2 November 2023 – Adelaide, SA Australia
- AU$520 or NZ$585 for members of the College (Fellows, Trainees or Specialist International Medical Graduates within the College)
- AU$640 or NZ$720 for non-members of the College
*All values include GST
Attending this event will entitle participants to 8 CPD points.
Main RACS competencies addressed
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and clinical decision making
Course references are available from the RACS library (login required).
Register here (Login required)