Course learning outcomes
By completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Recall the principles of effective feedback from Foundation Skills for Surgical Education course
2. Discuss how to prepare for a difficult conversation with an underperforming Trainee
3. Apply strategies for conducting a difficult conversation on underperformance
4. Describe aspects of procedural fairness that need to be considered in managing difficult conversations with an underperforming Trainee.
Are you eligible for this course?
This course is available to and appropriate for Supervisors, Trainers and Fellows.
- Online (4x eLearning modules plus 1x webinar)
- Duration: 7 hours total
Schedule and delivery date/times
|Week 1||eLearning Module 1||Please allow up to 60 minutes to complete|
|Week 2||eLearning Module 2||Please allow up to 60 minutes to complete|
|Week 3||eLearning Module 3||Allow up to 60 minutes to complete; Modules 1-3 must be completed before attending the webinar|
|Week 4||Webinar||Role plays: 'Difficult Conversations' (90 minutes)|
|Week 5||eLearning Module 4||Please allow up to 30 minutes to complete|
See webinar dates and times for more information.
|Course commencement||Webinar dates and times|
|Tuesday 6 February 2024||Thursday 29 February 2024, 6:00pm – 8:30pm AEDT|
|Tuesday 2 July 2024||Wednesday 24 July 2024, 6:00pm – 8:30pm AEST|
|Tuesday 1 October 2024||Tuesday 22 October 2024, 6:00pm – 8:30pm AEDT|
- A$500 or NZ$535 for College members (Fellows, Trainees or Specialist International Medical Graduates within the College)
- A$600 or NZ$645 for non-members of the College
*All values include GST
Completing this course will entitle participants to 6 CPD points.
Main RACS competencies addressed
- Leadership and management
- Scholarship and teaching
Course references are available from the RACS library (login required).
Register here (login required)