Dr Sanjeev Golani
He completed his Surgical training in major Sydney & NSW Hospitals. After obtaining his fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons, he went on to pursue more specialist colorectal training for two years in Australia. He furthered his specialist training with a prestigious appointment as a Senior Colorectal Fellow in the UK at Bristol Royal Infirmary, a training position accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK. Dr Golani is a member of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia & New Zealand (CSSANZ).
Areas of particular interest include:
- Bowel Cancer - Dr Golani has a high success rate of performing all the cancer resections including bowel cancers laparoscopically.
- Hernia repair - Dr Golani routinely does general surgical operations like laparoscopic inguinal, femoral and umbilical hernia surgery.
- Gall Bladder Surgery - Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy for Gall Stones, Dr Golani has performed more than 500 gall bladder procedures.
- Colonoscopy - He has been trained in advanced endoscopic skills and can remove large polyps endoscopically. He is an accredited member of Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA).
- Rectal Cancer Surgery - Dr Golani's is highly skilled in performing Laparoscopic ventral mesh rectopexy for rectal prolapse.
- Anal Fistulas & Fissures - Dr Golani can help with the treatment of the issue of painful anal fistulas & fissures.
Additionally, he has a keen interest in minimally invasive surgery including robotic surgery for increased surgical precision.
Dr Golani operates at Sydney Adventist Hospital (SAN), the Mater Hospital and Norwest Private Hospital, in Sydney. He has public appointment at Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital where he is actively involved in the training of younger surgeons for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Dr Golani has completed over 20 years in surgery. He has extensive experience across colorectal & general surgical conditions. He has also published his research articles in numerous surgical journals.
- Surgical Oncology
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand (CSSANZ)
- Accredited member of Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Colorectal Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Senior Colorectal Fellow, Bristol Royal Infirmary