Dr Sanjeev Golani is a Colorectal and General surgeon specialising in laparoscopic procedures in Sydney, NSW
He completed his general surgical training in Westmead Hospital, Sydney. After obtaining his fellowship from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, he went on to pursue more specialist colorectal training for two years in Australia. He furthered his specialist training with a prestigious appointment as a senior colorectal fellow in the United Kingdom at Bristol Royal Infirmary for a further year, a training position accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK.
Areas of particular interest include:
- Laparoscopic Colorectal surgery – Dr Golani has a high success rate of performing all the cancer resections including rectal cancers laparoscopically.
- Laparoscopic inguinal hernia and cholecystectomy – Dr Golani routinely does general surgical operations like laparoscopic inguinal hernia, surgery and laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
- Endoscopy – He has been trained in advanced endoscopic skills and can remove large polyps endoscopically. He accredited by the Gastroenterological Society of Australia (GESA) to perform endoscopy and colonoscopy.
- Pelvic floor disease – Dr Golani is very well trained in inserting Sacral Nerve Stimulators for patients with faecal incontinence and routinely performs Laparoscopic ventral mesh rectopexy for rectal prolapse.
- Inflammatory bowel disease – He has good knowledge and experience in dealing with both elective and emergency presentations of inflammatory bowel disease.
Additionally he has a keen interest in minimally invasive surgery including robotic surgery for increased surgical precision.
Dr Golani has public appointment at Hornsby Kuring-Gai Hospital where he is actively involved in teaching of younger surgeons and is ASSET course instructor for the college. He also has private appointments at Sydney Adventist Hospital / SAN and Norwest Private Hospital.
Dr Sanjeev Golani
Colorectal, Laproscopic & General Surgeon
Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons