Annual Scientific Meeting 2021
It is with great pleasure that we announce the WA, NT & SA Annual Scientific Meeting A Safer Theatre For All.
Cable Beach Club, Broome, Thursday 26 - Saturday 28 August 2021
Registration is now open.
Accommodation can be booked at Cable Beach Club Resort. For guest attending the RACS conference please use this promo code ACS20. This code can be used when booking direct, calling 1800199099 or emailing email@example.com
ASM - Call for Abstracts
Are you interested in presenting at the RACS WA, SA & NT Annual Scientific Meeting 2021, 26 - 28 August 2021 at Cable Beach Club, Broome, WA? Please sign into the abstract portal with your account. If you have not yet submitted a presentation you can create a new account.
This meeting will focus on the theme 'A Safer Theatre for All'. The contribution of presenters is critical and we greatly value your input.
Theme - A Safer Theatre for All
We encourage authors to submit their abstracts around the above theme.
Monday 10 May 2021 - Submission deadline
Friday 21 May 2021 - Notification of acceptance
Monday 23 August 2021 - Submission of PowerPoint presentation
Guidelines for abstracts:
- The abstracts must not exceed 250 words.
- All abstracts must be typed, single spaced, with a clear typeface.
- The title should be in capitals.
- The presenting author must be indicated via the 'presenter' checkbox
- Degrees and positions in departments are not mandatory, but the origin of the work should be stated.
- The abstract must be clear and brief. Statements should, in general, be impersonal and the first person “I” and “We” avoided.
- Accepted abstracts will be presented at the meeting as a PowerPoint presentation.
- All presenters are required to register for the meeting.
The abstract should be organised as follows:
- Purpose of study
- A brief statement of methods
- A summary of results adequate to support conclusions
- Submissions must be submitted online.
- Successful authors will be required to submit their presentation prior to the meeting. Updated presentations can be provided to audio-visual staff on-site.
- PC projection (Microsoft PowerPoint XP or Mac Keynote) will be available and presentations will be accepted on USB Mass Storage Device.
- If you have video clips inserted into your presentation, please ensure that you supply all the files and it is advisable to test your presentation in advance.
RACS WA / NT Office on +61 8 6389 8600 or RACS SA Office on +61 8 8239 1000.
If you have any technical questions regarding your submission, please contact us on +61 3 9276 7482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming events - 2021
Saturday 20: International Women’s Day - Goodwood Restaurant Optus Stadium
Saturday 27: WA Preparation for Practice Workshop
10 - 14: RACS Annual Scientific Congress
26 - 28: WA, SA & NT Annual Scientific Meeting combined with the Surgical
Directors Leadership Forum 2021 (Broome)
30: WA Surgeons Ball - Optus Stadium