Requests for ANZASM data
The Australian and New Zealand Audits of Surgical Mortality (ANZASM) will consider requests for data and data extracts for special reports. ANZASM is a declared Quality Assurance Activity and is required to work within specific requirements of the declaration.
ANZASM must protect the confidentiality of the information it receives, to respect the privacy and sensitivity of those to whom it relates and maintain high-level data security procedures. Only de-identified data can be released.
- Requests for data should be accompanied by a reason why the analyses are required.
- Requests should have a clear and realistic plan.
- Requests require approval by the audit data-request sub-committee and final endorsement by the ANZASM Steering Committee.
- Once approved, requests will be prioritised and work will proceed according to the priority list.
- It is expected that abstracts be progressed into manuscripts within one year.
- All publications prepared from this RACS data need to be approved by the Director of RAAS, Chair RAAS and Chair ANZASM. All publications from RAAS are reported to the RACS Council.
Please email the completed data request form (PDF 424.93KB) to ANZASM RACS for national data extraction. Alternatively contact the Regional Audit of Mortality manager for regional data extracts.
An example of the type of data collected can be seen through viewing this generic Surgical Case Form (PDF 373.94KB). Please note this is an example and some States or Territories may have additional questions not included in this form.