Course learning outcomes
By completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify the relationship and the communication pathways between RACS and its training boards
2. Implement RACS policies and procedures
3. Describe the roles and responsibilities of SET supervisors, trainers and Trainees
4. Discuss how to support Trainee learning and provide a safe learning environment
5. Identify RACS assessment requirements
6. Plan how to evaluate their supervision.
Are you eligible to participate in this course?
This course is available to and suitable for Supervisors and Trainers of SET who are new to the role, or who would like a refresher on their roles and responsibilities.
- 5x eLearning modules plus 2 x webinars over 4 weeks
- Duration: Approximately 7.5 hours total
Delivery dates and times
|Week 1-2||eLearning Module 1, 2 & 3 open||Please allow up to 30 minutes to complete Module 1, 60 minutes to complete Module 2 and 30 minutes to complete module 3
|Week 3||Webinar||Must participate in webinar to finish course
|Week 3-4||eLearning Module 4 & 5 open||Please allow 45 minutes for Module 4 and 45 minutes for Module 5
|Week 4||Webinar||Must participate in webinar to finish course|
See webinar dates and times for more information.
||Webinar dates and times|
|Monday 26 February 2024||Thursday 14 March and Wednesday 20 March 2024, 6:00pm – 8:00pm AEDT|
|Monday 29 April 2024||Thursday 16 May 2024 and Wednesday 22 May 2024, 6:00pm – 8:00pm AEST|
|Monday 29 July 2024||Tuesday 13 August 2024 and Thursday 22 August 2024, 6:00pm – 8:00pm AEST|
|Monday 4 November 2024||Thursday 21 November 2024 and Wednesday 27 November 2024, 6:00pm – 8:00pm AEDT
- This course is free for all Members of the College
- A$600 or NZ$645 for non-members of the College
*All values include GST
Completing this course will entitle participants to 8 CPD points.
Main RACS competencies addressed
- Cultural competence and cultural safety
- Leadership and management
- Scholarship and teaching
Course references are available from RACS Library (login required).
Register here (login required)