COVID-19 update from Skills Training
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event. Please view the RACS COVID-19 Event Safe Strategy (PDF 187.59KB) for more information.
If you are currently registered for a course from September to December 2020, please wait for advice from the College with information on the status of your course. Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
Important notice regarding CLEAR courses
We have decided to cancel the remaining CLEAR courses this year, with the exception of CLEAR course CL180 at the Copthorne Hotel, Wellington on the 13-14 November 2020. We aim to offer a fully online version of CLEAR by the end of 2020 and are currently in the process of converting the current version to an online format for this purpose.
To stay up-to-date with the latest information on the development of the online CLEAR course please check back regularly and join the Skills Training mailing list.
Types of courses
- The Provider course is for medical graduates or senior, and is two days in duration.
- The Consultants course is for Consultants and is two days in duration
CLEAR 2nd Edition
The CLEAR Committee is excited to announce the launch of the 2nd Edition in September 2019.
For an outline of the new two day course please view the CLEAR provider course program (PDF 48.6KB).
- updated curriculum including new topics relevant to current practice
- eLearning module including knowledge checks and course resources
- increased interactivity and fewer didactic lectures.
- opportunity to network with your peers
- access to expert faculty; local leaders in surgical research and epidemiology
- mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty).