September 2021 update
The demand for Skills Training courses remains very high, this is due to unavoidable course cancellations throughout 2020 and 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
All 2021 courses are now full and the reserve lists for all 2021 courses are closed. Please visit the CLEAR course 2021 (PDF 179.79KB) schedule for changes and cancellation update.
Registrations for 2022 course will open later this year, if you would like to be kept up to date with 2022 course information please join the Skills Training mailing list. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is committed to ensuring that participants health and safety is the top priority of running any event, which includes adhering to any local, state, and federal laws, policies and restrictions, both in Australia and New Zealand. Due to the complex evolving nature of these laws and restrictions, RACS may be required to cancel a course at any time leading up to the event.
Type of course
- The Provider course is for medical graduates or senior, and is two days in duration.
CLEAR 2nd Edition
The CLEAR Committee is excited to announce the launch of the 2nd Edition in September 2019.
For an outline of the new two day course please view the CLEAR provider course program (PDF 48.6KB).
- updated curriculum including new topics relevant to current practice
- eLearning module including knowledge checks and course resources
- increased interactivity and fewer didactic lectures.
- opportunity to network with your peers
- access to expert faculty; local leaders in surgical research and epidemiology
- mentoring: faculty members connect with course participants prior to and throughout the course
- opportunity to be considered a potential instructor (nominated at course by the faculty).